1. Default Tijuana to Houston

Hi There,

I would like some advice please - I'm moving from Cabo San Lucas, Mexico to Miami, Florida by way of shipping my car from Cabo to Tijuana, flying to Tijuana then driving from Tijuana to Houston, staying a couple weeks and then off again to Miami. I am a single female driving by myself or with a girlfriend and wanted to get the quickest, safest route from Tijuana to Houston. We are not in a huge rush but don't have a lot of time to waste and would like to figure out the best places to stop along the route that would be most enjoyable and not too out of the way... Any help, advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

Green County, Wisconsin

Default I-10

Welcome Back to the RTA forum!

The easiest way is pretty simple, I-8 to Casa Grande, AZ, and then I-10 all the way to Houston.

This thread has lots of ideas about things you could stop at along the way.

Is the car originally from the US or did you purchase it in Mexico? Have you looked into what paperwork you are going to need to bring the car back across the border?

3. Default

Thank you for your quick reply. The car is originally from the U.S. - my uncle drove it down when I moved here. My registration and everything is still current although my driver's license is expired -- I mailed in my out-of-country application and am now just waiting and hoping. I am quite nervous about the shipping and driving across the border in Tijuana actually but don't really feel safe about driving myself from Cabo to Tijuana. The U.S. leg should be a piece of cake...;-)