1. Default Seattle to Green Bay, WI

My cousin is deploying for Iraq in 2 months. I will be driving from Seattle to Green Bay to deliver her truck back home. We have about 4 1/2 days to do this. What is the best route to go?
    What are some good sites to see along the way, I know we don't have a lot of time, but we would like to see a few things. We are looking to have a good time seeing things we normally would not have the chance to see.
    Any suggestions are greatly appreicted.

Washington state coast/Olympic Peninsula

Default That's a good reason for a roadtrip!

Please give your cousin our best wishes for a safe deployment and return home.

And welcome to the Roadtrip America forums!

You're looking at about 2000 miles if you take the most expediant route (I-90 to Billings, I-94 to just east of Eau Claire, WI, then 29 into Green Bay).

In 4.5 days, this means you will need to travel about 450 miles per day. This would mean about 7.5-8 hours on the road. This leaves you a little bit of time for sightseeing but not long, lingering stops or big side-trips off your main route.

(I hope this is a one-way drive with a plane ride home. If this is for a round-trip drive, your plan is not at all do-able.)

To be honest, there are lots of fun sights along this route. The ones that you will be able to stop at quickly should have signs along the highway. Some highlights that you can enjoy with a rather quick stop that come to mind are:
    * Butte, Montana - Our Lady of the Rockies
    * Greycliff Prairie Dog Town - about 20 miles east of Big Timber, MT
    * Little Missouri National Grassland & Theodore Roosevelt National Park in North Dakota

I'm sure there's more but this should give you a start.

Green County, Wisconsin

Default I-94

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

4.5 days doesn't give you time to linger, but it is time to cover the distance comfortably with time for a few stops.

The basic route would be I-90 and I-94 to near Eau Claire, WI, and then WI-29 through Wausau and into Green Bay.

Some of my favorite spots enroute would have to be the Northern Badlands, with Teddy Roosevelt National Park and Makoshika State Park near Glendive MT two great stops. There is also Fort Abe Lincoln State Park near Bismarck, ND. You'll also go through the Minneapolis area, so the Mall of America is one of the best known stops in a very fun city. Finally, you could look into taking a tour of the Leinenkugal Brewery in Chippewa Falls, WI