1. Default from L.A. to Aurora, Co.

So, we're packing up the family and heading to Aurora,Colorado. We plan on taking the I-15 N to, I believe it was the 70? From what I've heard, that's the most direct route. We'll only be there for about a week and a half and would like to make the trip in one day. We have a 3yr old and a 4month old baby so we'll be making quite a few stops. Any suggestions on good places to eat, cool things to see etc.... would be greatly appreciated.

Also, does anyone know if we'll be hitting any snow? We're leaving next week.

Thanks alot for any reply!

Washington state coast/Olympic Peninsula

Default Yes & No

Welcome to the Roadtrip America forums!

Yes, it's the 15 and 70.

No, you can't do this in one day. It's just over 1000. With a baby and toddler, you will need two full days for this trip in order to make the stops you will need with them. In fact, three days might be even better. We generally recommend that people travel no more than about 500-550 miles per day. But, with small children, even that distance can be a challenge. It really depends on how well they travel. In my experience, my kids would fall asleep in the car at that age. But then they would be up all night. We really had to stop a lot during the day to keep them up, moving, awake, and burning energy or we wouldn't get any sleep at night ourselves.

Las Vegas would be a great stop for the night. While not typically a place where people vacation with small children, I know my kids would have been fascinated by the bright lights and hustle-and-bustle at that age. Just walking around The Strip and watching the free shows a bit might be fun for you all and a good way to stretch your legs.

You might also enjoy a stop at Glenwood Springs and a dip in the hot springs there.

For road conditions, you might check out the Colorado DOT traveler's info website right before you leave to see how things are. The weather can change rapidly this time of year. You can also call 511 for road info while you're on the road.
    Last edited by PNW Judy; 02-26-2008 at 10:16 AM. Reason: added info