1. Default first road trip from anchorage to seattle

this is my first road trip and i need all the help i can get. I will be leaving anchorage on march 15 and I am heading to seattle. I need guides on what road/highways I will take. Do you think I'll encounter problems with weather during that time frame. I'll be driving a 2004 grand jeep cherokee. Any tips or suggestions, thanks.

Default options

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

Coming from Alaska means your options for a true roadtrip really are fairly limited. You basically have to take the Alaska Highway to Edmonton and then work back towards Vancouver. There might be a couple of alternate possibilities, but that would be using main highways.

The other options, which could be easier if you are having concerns about making the trip is to just take the Alaska Marine Highway (aka the ferry). This way, you'd just have to drive onto the boat and let it take you all the way to Washington State.

3. Default

The other options sounds great and much practical. I will check out the ferry schedule. Thanks a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Michael View Post
    Welcome to the RTA Forum!

Coming from Alaska means your options for a true roadtrip really are fairly limited. You basically have to take the Alaska Highway to Edmonton and then work back towards Vancouver. There might be a couple of alternate possibilities, but that would be using main highways.
    When we came down from Fairbanks Alaska, we didn't go all the way to Edmonton, you can limit the trip to two provinces rather then 3 (And probably a good 800 miles or better). Cut Alberta out altogether. In Fort St. John B.C. take Provincial Hwy 29, Follow Hwy 29 about 40 miles to Provincial Hwy 97 S. Follow it until you reach Cache Creek, then you should find Hwy 1 South. Follow it south into Vancouver. Then Cross into Washington State via Canadian Hwy 99. This Highway turns into Interstate 5 south of the border. From there, drive I-5 into Seattle!