1. Default Road Trip Honeymoon

Hello everyone,

This is my first time visiting your web site and I thought of registering so I could ask for some advice.

I'm getting married to my wonderful fiance Tim May 31st. I live in Idaho and he lives in Baltimore MD. Two days after the wedding we are driving my car from Idaho to MD , 2400 miles. We are giving ourselves 1 week for this trip. We have never done any kind of big road trips. Any advice/suggestions , sights to see etc would be much appreciated !!! The states we are driving through are Utah, Wyoming, Nebraska, Iowa, Indiana, Illinois, Ohio, and Pennsylvania.

Thank You !!!!!

Default Smell the Roses

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials. The main advice I'd have for your RoadTrip is that you take your time and enjoy not just the drive but the country you'll be driving through. If you take the full week, you'll only have to cover a little more than 300 miles a day which is a very light pace. As to what to see and do along your route, I think that, to some extent, you should leave that to whimsey, but there are plenty of things to see and do in the states you'll be driving through. In fact, a while back someone else sought advice for places to stop along your very route.

AZBuck

The Great Midwest, Illinois to be precise

Default Why Not A Historical Cruise

The Lincoln Highway goes through the states you list. Lots of things to see and experience.

A good book to get for the trip would be Brian Butko's "Greetings from the Lincoln Highway" or Michael Wallis' new book.
    Last edited by AZBuck; 02-18-2008 at 08:12 AM. Reason: Link Added

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by AZBuck View Post
    Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials. The main advice I'd have for your RoadTrip is that you take your time and enjoy not just the drive but the country you'll be driving through. If you take the full week, you'll only have to cover a little more than 300 miles a day which is a very light pace. As to what to see and do along your route, I think that, to some extent, you should leave that to whimsey, but there are plenty of things to see and do in the states you'll be driving through. In fact, a while back someone else sought advice for places to stop along your very route.

AZBuck
    Thank You so much for all of your advice/information, I'm so glad I ran into this web site ! It's great !!!

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by RoadDog View Post
    The Lincoln Highway goes through the states you list. Lots of things to see and experience.

A good book to get for the trip would be Brian Butko's "Greetings from the Lincoln Highway" or Michael Wallis' new book.

I was not very familiar with Lincoln Highway, thank you so much for the info!