1. Default San Francisco - NYC

I am relocating from SF bay area to NY City. I am debating whether to drive all the way. My prime motivation in doing so would be to save money on car shipping. I have 4 full days to cover 3000 miles. I was looking at google/yahoo maps and found it would need 44 hours of driving. Is that practical? I have never driven cross country, however I have a good car and have driven long distances. I'd appreciate any insights from anyone has done something like this.

Default Suggestion

Previously on this forum, it has been suggested (many, many, many, times) to approximate 500-550 miles per day of driving. I guess it depends on each person how much you can drive. I found that after 550 miles, I could not drive any more.

Your plan requires you to drive 750 miles each day! I think that is a little too high. I will let some of the professionals (who have lot more mileage under their belt) provide insight on this.

Tucson, AZ

Default I Agree

You can drive 750 miles in a day once. You'll be bone tired at the end of it. Try to do it twice and you'll be near exhaustion. Trying to do it four days in a row will make you a menace on the roadways. This is NOT recommended. You will need a minimum of five days to make that drive safely.