1. Default Suggestions for San Fran to Vegas

Hi All,

I'm from the UK and last year my wife and I were married in the US. We took a road trip as our honeymoon, which went from Vegas > Yosemite > Lake Tahoe > Santa Rosa > Half Moon Bay > San Francisco.

We had a fantastic time and want to repeat a road trip for our anniversary, but this time go from San Fran via LA to Vegas.

I really want to see Big Sur but not sure of the sights along the way. Was considering staying at Big Sur and Cambria on the way but other than that not sure what to take in. Any suggestions for good places to stay or sights to see on that route?

Not really bothered about how much time we spend in one place, but generally want to see as much as we can.

Thanks in advance.

Tucson, AZ

Default Starter Set

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

Well, even though you're not exactly a newcomer to this area, the best place to find a ton of ideas for this region is this post and the threads linked to from it. And don't leave out some of the sites from your honeymoon that you most enjoyed just because you've 'been there, done that'. Just to whet your appetite, here's one location you really should get to. Also, my wife and I really enjoyed Monterey (particularly the guided walking history tour) and Carmel (particularly the mission). San Simeon, the old Hearst estate, is also worth a visit, but does take a few hours and reservations would be in order.