Thread: NH to NW Ark

Default NH to NW Ark

Planning a trip from NH to NW Ark in late May/early June with daughters, 8 and 6. We've got Niagara Falls in NY, Rock & Roll HoF in Cleveland, Zoo in St. Louis. Looking for other kid-friendly, off-beat destinations along the way. Thanks!

Washington state coast/Olympic Peninsula

Default Kids that age are so fun to travel with!

Welcome to the Roadtrip America forums.

Exactly what kinds of things are you looking for? Museums? Outdoors? Fun and funky tacky tourist traps?

If you give us a better idea of what you want to see, what your kids are interested in, and what kind of time limits you have, we could give you better recommendations.

Also poke around here. This website has a wealth of ideas.

Tucson, AZ

Default More Than Enough

As Judy noted, there are plenty of things for your girls along the way, including some of those linked to in this post, then farther west, there's Cuyahoga Valley National Park, and Amish country in Ohio. You can sneak in a little history with stops in Dayton and Lerna, IL. Of course, there's far more to do in St. Louis than just the zoo. Finally, have a look at what's available in Branson, MO to see if it's your and your daughters' cup of tea.

Default More Info

Thanks, Judy & Buck. Not really looking for anything in particular. Planning on taking about a week to do the trip. We all like outdoor activity. StL has a couple of very nice kids/discovery musuems, as well as the zoo, Mo Botanical Garden, Butterfly House, but the girls are not really the art/musuem types. Trendy/funky/tacky can be lots of fun, with the right attitude. :)

Not familiar with Cuyahoga NP, but will look into that. Amish country is worth a look as well. Great opportunity to provide an educational component for the girls and expose them to another different culture. AZBuck, I live only about an hour and a half from Branson and just can't stand it. I know, I know! Lots of folks love it, but it is not for me.

Thanks again for the input and pointing me to earlier threads!