1. Default finding cheaper gas

I am not sure if this is on the site somewhere or not...but I just found this site and it shows different gas prices in any city. You can then decide to drive to another gas station which may be just around the corner to save a few cents.
    I think this is great because just a few cents on a gallon will add up after thousands of miles on the road.... Stacey
    Last edited by Mark Sedenquist; 02-10-2008 at 06:29 PM.

Default fuel cost calculator

That site can be helpful, and it is part of RTA's fuel cost calculator. Just keep in mind that all of the prices are user-submitted, so sometimes the prices are a few days outdated. It still is good for catching trends, and seeing which areas tend to be higher or lower.

3. Default found it

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Michael View Post
    That site can be helpful, and it is part of RTA's fuel cost calculator. Just keep in mind that all of the prices are user-submitted, so sometimes the prices are a few days outdated. It still is good for catching trends, and seeing which areas tend to be higher or lower.
    Oh i just found the RTA fuel cost calculator now (oops) :) and thank you for the tip.

Default It is on every page on the RTA site....

Quote Originally Posted by stellafaye View Post
    Oh i just found the RTA fuel cost calculator now (oops) :)
    We used a red gas pump and placed it "above the fold" of just about every page on the RTA site -- I don't know how to make it any easier to find....

Mark

Default Some of us are unobservant

I don't know about stellafaye - but I know that I tend to miss big things. Like the 8.5 foot tall cabinets my parents put up in their living room. Took me two visits to notice.

So - nothing you can do. It's about as obvious as it can get.

Laura

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Editor View Post
    We used a red gas pump and placed it "above the fold" of just about every page on the RTA site -- I don't know how to make it any easier to find....

Mark
    Sorry .... I had found the other site before the one on here... I wasnt trying to be rude... I was is in fact trying to share the other site I found..

Default Not a matter of rudeness

Quote Originally Posted by stellafaye View Post
    I wasnt trying to be rude... I was is in fact trying to share the other site I found..
    No worries -- I was just expressing a frustration that all web publishers deal with -- In the case of RTA there are about 7500 pages active on any given day and it is always challenging to find ways to display links so our readership can find and use the resources on this web site. In fact, I sometimes forget where stuff is located herein...

Mark