I have been a lurker for a while now and really enjoy the site. 3 of us will be traveling cross country for wedding in mid-march. We are leaving from Philadelphia, by the way of a rented mini-van, and will be making a few stops in route to Vegas, which we have to be at in one week time. Leave on Wednesday then...
1. will travel straight through to the first stop Panama city beach. Arrive early Thursday. Shows 18 hours from philly, and we hope to do this with minimum stops. 95 all the way down to Florida? We will spend 2 nights. Leave Saturday afternoon.
2. We plan to make a stop in New orleans for a few hour break from driving.
3. Drive through Texas, New Mexico, and Az still researching some cool places to stop at on the way for a few hours.
4. Eventually find a motel within reasonable distance to the Grand Canyon spend the night and then wake up and visit the Grand Canyon.
5. Drive Route 66 from Grand Canyon to Vegas. Spending a few nights in Vegas and will be making a trip to LA for a wedding and spend the night in LA.
This is a very rough draft, and would like to hear some opinions on this trip and some advice or tips on strategies or cool places to stop.
BTW we are all mid 20s and are interested in interesting things to see or experience.
Thanks in advance