Default Tennessee and surrounds

We are seriously considering a fly drive holiday centred around Tennessee this year, an area of the USA we have never been near before, always previously focussing on the western states.

Anybody good any good destination or road suggestions for this region for a UK family with two teenage boys ?

Tucson, AZ

Default Start with the Obvious Ones

Mud Island and riverboat cruise on the Mississippi, Mammoth Cave in Kentucky, Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Shiloh, which has a pretty good museum and film, the Natchez Trace Parkway, the Lost Sea, and, of course, these.

Great links AZBuck. Thank you very much.

Default Loads of ideas!

I really liked Tennessee, Kentucky and the surrounding areas. I think you'll have a great time; the welcome you'll receive is fantastic.

If you go to Mammoth Cave (recommend a tour which is (literally!!) very cool) then I'd suggest a trip south from there to Nashville, stopping off at the Corvette factory tour and museum in Bowling Green en route.

What are your kids interested in?

Feel free to have a browse of two of my recent trip reports which may hopefully offer a few suggestions:

- Great Smoky Mountains NP, Mammoth Cave NP, Corvette factory, Nashville, Jack Daniels distillery
    - Memphis and surrounding areas

Just read through your reports, they will prove to be very useful to us. Thanks.