1. Default Pre-arranged road trip

Hey everyone,
    I'm a girl from Denmark, and me and my friend have been thinking about taking a road trip across the USA in th fall/winter, and I was wondering if any of you know, and/or can recommend, anyone who has pre-arranged road trips, where you fx travel with a group of other tourists in a bus or something like that?
    Thanks for the help!
    Mitzu

Default contact an expert

Welcome to the RTA forum!

Roadtrips are usually pretty individual things, and while I'm sure there are some options out there, I don't know of any off hand that are pre-arraigned. If you are looking for something like that, or you are interested in doing some kind of group tour, you probably would be best off contacting a travel agent.

Default Try TrekAmerica

TrekAmerica seems to have a good reputation for the types of trip you're looking for and I think they are geared toward more youthful travelers (unsure of that). Here's a link to their cross-country trips. You might poke around their website for other trip ideas.

It seems like most bus tours are geared toward seniors? I could be wrong on that. You might do a google and see if you come up with another company besides TrekAmerica.

Sorry we're not of more help. We're geared more toward individual travel suggestions for people who rent or own their own vehicle, rather than bus tours. But maybe someone else will pop in with more ideas. If I think of anything else that might be helpful, I'll pop back in.

4. Default Thank you!

Thank you for your help, I'll definitey check out TrekAmerica, sounds like something we could use. And I'll try calling the travel agencies as well, the only problem being that not many have arranged trips in the US, to far away, they seem to think... :P
    Mitzu

Default sounds odd

I find it really odd that you'd have trouble finding travel agents who have arraigned trips to the US, especially considering the value of the Dollar right now which makes travel in the US a bargin for those in Europe.

If you haven't found one yet, keep looking, I'm sure there are at least a few Travel Agents who specialize in the US who would be very helpful.

Default Really? Odd

There are plenty of US companies with packaged tours in Europe and other places in the world. I would be surprised if European countries don't have the same thing for various international locations.

I also found Tours to Go that has a lot of options available. And this Yahoo page with a list of numerous bus tour companies. Toward the top of that list is Green Tortoise. This is another company very much geared toward youthful travelers (or those with a youthful state-of-mind).

If you don't mind, please share with us what you find and consider reporting back to us how it went upon your return home. It helps us to expand our knowledge in order to help others.

7. Default How it's going so far

So far, the two sites we like the best are TrekAmerica and Tours To Go, as they are also offer tours from the west coast to the east coast, as opposed to a tour of only one "side" of the country, so to speak. They are also longer, app. 21 days, which we like. We haven't decided yet though, but I just want to thank you for all your help, it's been wonderful. And I'll certainly try t remember to report back, though we aren't going till next fall... ;D
    Mitzu

Default You're most welcome!

Please let us know what you decide to do and anything interesting you've learned in your planning process. And feel free to ask more questions! Enjoy your trip.