1. Default Las Vegas to Salt Lake City

My wife and I are planning a trip to this part of the country in July. We are planning to fly into Las Vegas and fly out of Salt Lake City 7 days later. We know we will want to spend a couple of days in Vegas and see Hoover dam. After that, we would like to work our way North and maybe make it up to Yellowstone.

We are looking for any suggestions of things to do, places to go and must see's.

Thanks in advance.

Green County, Wisconsin

Default If, Then

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

Making it to Yellowstone would be possible, although If you are already planning to spend a few days in Vegas, you might not have the time you want to get there and have time to enjoy it.

Vegas to Yellowstone is really too far to drive in one day, and you'd have a pretty full day to drive back to Salt Lake City, so when you factor in travel time, in addition to your time in Vegas, you'd only have a day or two to spend at Yellowstone.

What I might recommend instead is to take a look at the many National Parks in Utah, instead. Between Zion, Bryce, Capitol Reef, Arches, Canyonlands, and Great Basin back in Nevada, there are a ton of things you could see and have more time to enjoy without spending as much of your week driving to get to the next location.

salt lake to yellowstone is about 7-8 hours. yellowstone also deserves at least a couple of days and the park itself requires a bit of driving. I agree with MM, there a many fantastic parks in utah and are essentialy on the way from LV to SLC.