1. Default New Jersey to Grand canyon

My wife and I are planning a road trip via corvette from NJ to the Grand Canyon in May 08. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. We have about 3-4 weeks. I'd like to take the Blue Ridge Parkway south to route 40 west. I'm interested in some secondary roads and points of interest along the way.
    Last edited by bcensouth; 01-19-2008 at 04:23 PM.

Default Vetting a Route for a Vette

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

The is still subject to snow closures in May, since it is not plowed, so be sure to call ahead to make confirm that it is open before you start out. If it is closed, I-81 is one of the more scenic Interstate Highways and would make a good alternative. Other scenic back roads that you might want to consider along your general route include the Talimena Scenic Drive in Arkansas and Oklahoma (although it will be a bit out of your way), and. of course, portions of old (now decommissioned) Route 66. Just some of ht points of interest along the way would be Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Nashville and Memphis, the Oklahoma City National Memorial & Museum, Petroglyph National Monument, and Petrified Forest National Park. The drive can be done in as little as 5 days one way, so a few weeks leaves lots of time to explore some of the lesser known attractions in each state as you make your way across the country.

AZBuck

3. Default

Thanks For Your Info. Snow In May???? Is That A Maybe?

Default Snow in May

Sorry, somehow that was not a complete thought, but yes snow is a possibility on the Blue Ridge Parkway in May. And if it snows, that section of road will not be plowed. There are gates at the entrances to the Parkway which will prevent you from starting down sections that are closed, but it would be better to call ahead or watch the weather in the weeks before you go.

AZBuck