1. Default RV rentals pickup NYC drop off California

Hi guys,

My husband and I are planning on taking a roadtrip from NYC to California in September before we fly out to NZ and are wanting to hire an RV/motorhome/campervan.

Im having trouble finding a company that will let us pick up in NYC (or surrounding areas and drop off in California (either LA or San Fran) does anyone know of a reasonably priced company that offers such a service? Our budget is approx. $90 per day for daily hireage.

Thx for your help!

Green County, Wisconsin

Default reasonable...

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

There are a number of companies that will offer such a service. I would check out our article How to Rent an RV to find out more and get some suggestions for companies that offer this service.

While I know you said you are looking for a reasonably priced company, I'm not sure that you'll find many companies that will agree that $90 per day on a one way rental will be reasonable. While I can't say for sure what you will be quoted, that number sounds pretty low for a one way cross country RV rental.

Hi BryLee,

I'm in the process of planning a trip California-NYC and was having the same problem with drop off locations until I got recommended the website alamo. I've scouted around and their prices seem decent compared to some, and it allows pick up and drop off in different locations (although I think you have to pay extra for that privelage but beggers cant be choosers!?) You could also try Avis, Budget, Hertz, Enterprise, National, all car rental copanies... Hope that helps? Happy hunting...