1. Default Looking for all and any ideas!!!!

We are planning a 2 week roadtrip, the first part of the trip will be me and my husband, sister and her 2 kids 12 & 14. We are leaving from Queen Creek on Saturday July 12th and need to be in Beatrice Nebr on July 16th for a family reunion. And then on Monday July 21st just my husband and I will head home and want to use the whole week so arriving home on July 27th. We have a small travel trailer and love camping and fishing. Would apprieciate any ideas, we want to make the most of this trip. Thanks in advance!!

Green County, Wisconsin

Default where?

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

I'm sorry, where is it that you are starting from and where are you going?

3. Default

Thank you!!

Oh yes a state would be good wouldn't it, we are leaving from Queen Creek, Arizona (SE of phoenix) and going to Beatrice Nebraska (southern part of Nebr) and then back to Arizona.

Thanks again, Patti

Washington state coast/Olympic Peninsula

Default Queen Creek, AZ?

Welcome to the Roadtrip America forums!

Arizona was the only place where google found a Queen Creek so I hope I'm giving you advice from/to the right place! (I wrote this post before you responded to Michael. Glad I guessed right!)

The fastest route is probably to go north through Payson AZ to merge with I-40 at Holbrook; east on I-40 until Albuquerue; north on I-25 through Santa Fe until Denver; east on I-70 until it merges with I-80 and then continue east on I-80 to Lincoln; and then south on 77 to Beatrice. Is this the route you were considering? It's 1,380 miles. We normally recommend that people limit their driving to about 500 miles per day. However, towing a trailer means it will take longer to cover that distance. I would think 400-450 miles per day would be a good maximum when towing. This actually fits nice into your time-frame and you could take the whole four days, averaging only about 350 miles per day to get there.

I'm guessing you would probably prefer to take a different route on the way home to see new things. There are many options available. Two interesting ones that jump out at me are:

South Dakota-Wyoming-Utah: At 2200 miles, this might be a little long for one week but you can go here and look at it and play with the route a bit. This pace would be too hectic but you could just pick an area that appeals to you and focus on that area. If you went the whole route, it would take you through:
    * South Dakota: Wall Drug, Deadwood, Mt. Rushmore, Black Hills, Badlands, Crazy Horse Memorial, and more.
    * Wyoming: Devil's Tower, Cody, Yellowstone, Grand Tetons
    * Utah: Salt Lake City, Bryce Canyon, Zion, north side of the Grand Canyon

Oklahoma-Texas-New Mexico: This is also a bit too long at about 2300 miles. But it might give you some ideas: You could swing through Oklahoma City, Dallas, San Antonio, Big Bend National Park, Carlsbad Caverns, La Cruces, and then head east toward home.

Do any of these places appeal to you? If not, what areas were you thinking of? If would help us help you better if you gave us an idea of specific places you might want to see. If you're not sure, you might look at an atlas and see what national parks and cities jump out at you.