1. Default Best family moments in motels on roadtrip

Hi All-
    I'm doing a bit of research and wonder if you want to share a story about the best "family moment" you've ever had in a hotel / motel while on the road - either as a child yourself or as a parent; i.e. what are the moments that make roadtripping really unique and better than luxury travel for families?

Washington state coast/Olympic Peninsula

Default Research for what? A book?

Welcome to the Roadtrip America forum!

Most of my good memories are from camping trips, but here's a couple motel stories.
    * My kids were 2 and 4 when we were on a roadtrip during Easter. On Saturday night we stayed at a little 'mom and pop' motel somewhere in California....I think near Chico but I don't even remember the town for sure. Anyway, the nice lady who ran the motel knocked on our down Easter morning and brought my kids Easter baskets with chocolate bunnies and the whole shebang! Very sweet.
    * We were in a hotel across from the Disneyland parking lot entrance in 1989 or 1990 or so. There was an earthquake and the beds were shaking waking us up. My kids, then about ages 4 and 6, reaction to the earthquake was kinda funny. My kids treated it like another Disney ride...laughing like crazy while the bed tried to walk across the room. And, really, that was the best day at Disney ever. The quake scared the crowds away. Only one ride was closed...the submarine ride, no big loss. There were NO lines. On and off as fast as we could run around to get back in line. Great day!