Default Road Trip Resurrected (SF to LV)

Hi Everyone, I posted a request on here for a planned road trip in 2006 but due to family commitments never got to make the trip.
    However it's all planned again - well planned as far as flying into and out of USA and hiring a car.
    What I need all your expert help with is the bit in between.
    We fly into San Francisco on May 24th for a 3 night stay and then arrive in Las Vegas on June 7th for 3 nights there before flying home on the 10th.
    We would like to see Yosemite, Death Valley, Grand Canyon and some of the others maybe (Bryce or Zion) but we are really open to suggestions from any well seasoned travellers out there who can assist us.
    Is Napa Valley worth seeing for a day before setting out?
    I have read about Tioga Pass and it's potential opening days - we might just get lucky towards end May I understand. If not I realise this will add some mileage to our plans.
    What are the must sees along the way.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated

Regards Tom McNeill Cheshire, England (A Scotsman originally but I promise not to scare the locals by wearing my kilt!!)
    Last edited by Midwest Michael; 01-09-2008 at 07:48 AM. Reason: link to previous thread

Washington state coast/Olympic Peninsula

Default Welcome back!

Well, we do love our families but, sometimes, they do get in the way of travel plans, don't they? Glad you're finally going to be able to do your trip!

You are planning to travel one of the most discussed routes here on the forums. AZBuck has compiled a list of some of the best discussions. Please check out the links and you'll get a lot of good ideas.

I've never visited Napa Valley but people rave so much about it, I have to believe it's worth a trip. Especially if you're a wine lover. I'm sure someone with more knowledge about that area will pop in here and give you tips about that eventually.

How else can we help you?