1. Default Baltimore to Walt Disney World

Travelling from Baltimore to Walt Disney World early February. We are looking at making it a two day drive, however the second day should be much shorter. I am looking at driving all day on day one and on day two only drive 4-5 hours to get into Disney. What would be a good aiming point to make sure this happens. I was imagining the florida border? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. Default

Once you hit the Florida border it's only about 2.5 to 3 hours to Disney. So south GA would probably be your best bet for a 4-5 hour second day.

Tucson, AZ

Default Day One is the Problem

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

It is nearly 900 miles from Baltimore to Orlando. So even if you were willing to drive 5-6 hours on Day 2, that would still leave you trying to cover at least 600 miles on Day 1. If there are children involved (why else go to Disney World?) that is going to prove to be too much. But for the record, if you're going to try to do this in 1½ days of driving, you will have to make it to Savannah, GA for your overnight stop. If you are getting too tired well before Savannah to continue on your drive you will need to pull up early and spend longer than expected on the road on Day 2. Do not attempt to push beyond your own limits in an attempt to adhere to an unrealistic schedule.

4. Default

Thanks for the advice.
    Luckily no children are involved. We are heading down for a wedding in Disney. My wife and son are flying with her family, and I am in charge of getting all the gear (dresses, tux's, and everything else wedding) down there.

We will see how it goes. Thanks!

Washington state coast/Olympic Peninsula

Default Oh, wow....

....I would not want THAT responsibility. You can't take a chance on running late or you will have a very nervous, if not downright hysterical, bride on your hands. Don't shortchange your time to get there on time and safely. Good luck and best wishes to the bride and groom.

6. Default

I am lucky here. Leaving on Friday for a Monday wedding. I am sure I will have enough time.