I know there are lots of threads similar, however, I would like a few tips for our holiday in April/May 08.
We have 16 nights across in America and are landing in LA and flying out of Vegas. The idea we had was the following:
1. Stay in LA 2 nights - any particular area for most sightseeing?
2. Maybe drive to San diego and stay 1 night
3. Drive up to San Fransisco up the coast? is this the best route and how long would it take us? maybe stay over 1 night on the way - where would be good?
4. Stay in SF for 3 nights
5. Head towards Vegas - which route and perhaps stopover at yoesemite or death valley? any ideas and route times?
6. Spend 5 or 6 nights in vegas (been before so have done grand canyon etc)
I know it's a lot of driving, but is it do-able? looks like we may have a few nights spare, so any ideas would be grateful.
Any other stopovers/places to visit would help?