1. Default Cheap (but decent) motels in Miami?

Hi all. I'm new here, so I hope that this is the appropriate place to post this.

In late February, I'm heading to Miami for a few days. I've never been before, so I'm sort of blind to the area.
    I'm wondering if any Miami natives or past vacationers could alert me to any cheap motels in the area? Mom and Pop places or just cheap branches of large chains, either one works. I'm hoping (optimistically, I understand) to only spend 50$ or under per night, if at all possible.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Please and thanks.

Tucson, AZ

Default Try This

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

I did a quick check and the best I could find was the Days Inn near the Westland Mall for around $62 a night during the time frame you mentioned. Prices go up rapidly from there.

Good Luck

Where abouts in Miami and for how long? I stayed in a place on South Beach a couple of months ago at a very nice price. I booked it online through IIRC.

If you're looking for a generic motel with easy access then you can't beat Motel 6 in my experience. Okay, you don't get a free breakfast like you do elsewhere, but the rooms are invariably clean (unlike Super 8), the TV actually has more than the Weather Channel on it, the staff are friendly and they're in goodish areas generally. They're usually in the region of 60 bucks onthe day but you can often book in advance (online) and save 10&#37;
    Last edited by UKCraig; 01-02-2008 at 09:27 AM. Reason: added Motel 6 details