1. Default High School Graduation Trip 2008?

My friends and I want to do a senior grad trip next year but our parents are leaning towards not letting us go. We're planning on going in May or June, after we've all turned 18 so we can leave without them saying no (after all we'll be adults), but don't know where to go? We live in Topeka, Kansas and want a road trip that is fun but not too far away. Any suggestions for good road trip destinations? Or any advice on getting our parents to let us go? We've really want to road trip it to Colorado and ski, but teens driving through the mountains are a parent's worst nightmare...ANY good ideas on senior trip vacations (without the parents) would be great! Thanks a lot!

Default Here are some ideas for your parents

Quote Originally Posted by cassie08 View Post
    My friends and I want to do a senior grad trip next year but our parents are leaning towards not letting us go.
    Wise and caring parents are always good things.... Welcome to the Great American RoadTrip Forum! Here are some tips and ideas for you to share with your folks. Here is a short quiz that you ought to take with your would-be travel mates and discuss what the answers reveal. Here are some more ideas about taking safe road trips.

Mark

Default Mark's suggestions are great!

As a parent of young adults who did their own roadtrips after high school graduation, I can tell you that the key factor to me, and to most other parents I know, is how you kids conduct yourselves on a regular basis. I have one kid who usually makes sound decisions based on good common-sense. I have another who tends to be a bit of a goof.

While they were both seasoned road travelers from family adventures, started out with shorter trips without us parents along before they did a longer one in order to get good experience on their own, and had proven themselves this way to me before leaving on "the big one", I was far more worried about the goofier one. So, imho, if you show your parents your maturity and good decision-making skills in other areas of your life, they are more likely to be comfortable with you doing a roadtrip.

(Of course, maybe you are already doing this. If not, it might be a good time to start.)