There's quite the surreal writing to describe the situation...but I'll just post the alpha numeric of it...

I-70...highspeed burn for Monterrey Bay. Well past midnight, and I was strung out on some god awful amphetamine that a trucker gave me at the last rest area. My teeth were grinding, my cigarettes were nearly gone, and Led Zeppelin was still desperately calling out from a distant radio station in Denver. The rain had started about 45 minutes after leaving the fascinating metropolis of Denver, and had not let up. The truck I was driving was having some great difficulty keeping speed, which was worrisome, but there was nothing that could be done about it until the daylight...not only that, but I was down to my last 500 dollars, so I was not interested in making repairs unless absolutely necessary.

Suddenly, there was an awful sensation as the wheel started spinning...and then an awful grinding sound of metal on pavement at 85 mph. I cranked the wheel over to the right as hard as I could...got to the shoulder, and discovered the front driver side tire had exploded...

Now running on a mickey mouse tire...I was desperate to find a town...and finally, I came upon an exit for a town called Grand Mesa, only 13 miles away. Sounded wholesome enough. So I headed for this town and the salvation it offered....but the road was long and winding, and there were bull crossing signs every 300 feet it seemed...

Finally, I came upon the small strip of humanity that is Grand Mesa. I stopped in at the motel...and was told there was no vacancy...however, one of the drunkards informed me that he rented out 12 rooms normally for his own use, and would allow me the use of one for the night...provided i was gone by sun-up. The room had no hot water, cable, nor a window blind. All through the night, I heard the idiots down in the bar desperately howling for attention from one of the Janet Reno lookalike cocktail waitresses. My panic peaked from the crash of the "L.A Turnaround" that the trucker had given me....so I bolted from the hellhole as quickly as possible, and decided to take my chances with the donut tire.