Default Orlando to Pigeon Forge

Hey guys,

I'm going to be coming from Orlando, FL and heading up toward Pigeon Forge/Sevierville a week from today (December 11). I am traveling with one other person in an 2003 Subaru WRX.

We've got the gas costs calculated and so on. I just had a couple of other questions.

We're leaving Tuesday pretty early in the morning (aiming for 5:30 or 6). We're hoping to find a good place to stop to stretch our legs and eat something around Savannah, GA. Any recommendations?

We're going to reach Pigeon Forge/Sevierville Tuesday evening. We have an idea of where we want to stay (we have AAA discount) but we're wondering if there's anywhere highly recommended (specifically in Sevierville, with AAA) for a really good price? Also, is there anything special to do in the area aside from what is in the guidebooks and off the beaten path?

We're going to follow the map that our Garmin GPS gives to us, but we're wondering if there is anything (construction, etc) to look for that won't be on maps?

I know this is a bit ridiculous, but since I'm a Florida girl -- what are the chances of seeing snow?

After Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg, we're going down through Chattanooga/Ocoee and back to Orlando via 75. I know Chattanooga/Ocoee like the back of my hand, so no worries there.

Thanks for any and all advice,
    Anna

Default Smoky Mountains National Park

Quote Originally Posted by annaB1207 View Post
    We're hoping to find a good place to stop to stretch our legs and eat something around Savannah, GA. Any recommendations?
    Here is a post from a Savannah local.
    We're going to reach Pigeon Forge/Sevierville Tuesday evening.
    Here is a recent field report from a visit to this area.
    I know this is a bit ridiculous, but since I'm a Florida girl -- what are the chances of seeing snow?
    Well, normally I would say -- very remote -- but that lake effect snow curtain is pushing much farther to the south than normal -- I would say ice is just about a certainty and maybe even a touch of a flurry or two.

Mark

Great, thank you!

As far as saving money by eating out less, what sort of snack foods should we buy ahead of time? Neither of us are picky eaters but I'm at a loss of thinking of a variety of creative options that aren't incredibly salty.

Default I think we can help you with this!

Quote Originally Posted by annaB1207 View Post
    As far as saving money by eating out less, what sort of snack foods should we buy ahead of time?.
    We have a whole section of the website dedicated to road trip food -- here is an overview about snacking on the road and here is the directory to other articles.

Mark