1. Default Denver to Las vegas

Hi, My fiance and i are from England and planning a tour of the US by plane and car. One of the trips we are planning is a drive from Denver to Las Vegas. Could anyone advise us of a route to take, places of interest to visit, and reasonably priced recommended accomodation? We are planning to take around 3 days on this part of the journey...thanks!!!

Las Vegas, Nevada

Default Lots of Choices

Quote Originally Posted by littley View Post
    Hi, My fiance and i are from England and planning a tour of the US by plane and car.
    Sounds like an excellent adventure! Welcome to the Great American RoadTrip Forum! It is hard to beat the scenery of I-70 and I-15 to Las Vegas. I would suggest staying the first night in Grand Junction, and explore the Colorado National Monument. A second night in either Green River, UT or Moab. Here are a couple of field reports from the Utah Portions. From the highway and off-road. You could also cut down through Utah and go through Capitol Reef NP and Bryce on the way to Las Vegas.

3. Default Any way to avoid one way drop off fees for car rental?

We are from the UK and are planning on driving from Denver to Las Vegas for our honeymoon in September 08.We have looked at car hire but most of them charge a 'one way drop off fee' which practically doubles the cost of the car hire. So does anybody know of any companies where you dont have to pay this?? Or do you know if any companies are willing to negotiate this fee? any advice would be much appreciated.

Green County, Wisconsin

Default shopping around

The only way I know of to eliminate a one-way fee is to do a round trip rental.

You might be able to find a company that is offering a deal with a free or lower cost drop fee, but you'll have to hunt for it. While the cost can vary dramatically from company to company, pretty much everyone charges for this option.