Thread: Yosemite

1. Default Yosemite

Hello, & thanks to all who have answered my earlier (idiotic?) queries. Here's another to keep you on your toes.

We hope to rent a cabin in Yosemite for 2 nights in September 2008. There's 6 of us so we're looking for 3 bedrooms & hopefully 3 bathrooms. I've seen a couple of properties in the 'Redwoods in Yosemite' website, plus a couple of others elsewhere.

Firstly, does anyone out there recommend anywhere?

The second thing is I'm a tad confused about dining in the Park. Do we have to take ALL of our eats & drinks in, or are there eateries in the Park we can visit?
    Last edited by Mark Sedenquist; 12-03-2007 at 11:38 AM. Reason: added a navigational link

Default you can eat!

I don't have any suggestions as far as lodging goes, but eating certainly shouldn't be a problem. There are a couple places to eat within the park (which is true with most every national park) and if my memory is correct, I also believe there is a store/gift shop that sells some very basic groceries, like you'd find at a convience store.

I seem to recall the store at Yosemite is far from basic. A little pricey, sure, but it had everything that you can possibly need.

Default Cabin in Yosemite?

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieB View Post
    We hope to rent a cabin in Yosemite for 2 nights in September 2008.
    Hmmmm. There are only two types of "cabins" inside Yosemite and none of them separate bedrooms. The Delaware North Corporation is the concessionaire for the two tent cabin facilities at Curry Village and Housekeeping Camp. But I think you might find a better match at the Yosemite Bug (which is located at nearby MidPines)-- which also features one of the best cafes in California...

Jaimes Kaiser who wrote the best book I have seen on Yosemite maintains a list of lodging options on his web site -- there are several options for renting private homes and cabins that also might work well for you.
    The second thing is I'm a tad confused about dining in the Park. Do we have to take ALL of our eats & drinks in, or are there eateries in the Park we can visit?
    There are ample snacks in Curry Village and if you want a seriously upscale dining experience -- book a dinner at the Ahwahnee Hotel dining room!

Mark