Default Around the West solo

I am leaving to go up the coast of California from LA by myself in a few days. I have looked into some hostels at some of the places I want to visit, and will likely stay at those, but I was really trying to camp some, but have been told it is very dangerous. I am tentatively going from LA, to Monterey, Yosemite, Death Valley, Zion, Grand Canyons, and from there I am considering Las Vegas, Joshua Tree, etc. Other places I am looking into are Lake Tahoe, San Diego (but this is unlikely). I have been doing tons of research and I am very excited. I will be flying in and renting a car for 11 days. I just wanted to post this to see if I could get any suggestions (tips) regarding safety for a 23 year old woman alone - aside from the obvious, places I should go or stop, cheap things to do or places to stay, and any other information that might be helpful. Thanks!

Western/Central Massachusetts

Default Welcome!

Welcome to the RoadTrip America Forum!

Camping is most dangerous when the camper is inexperienced and/or unprepared for being out in the elements.

Here is some good advice for traveling solo.
    Here is another good thread about a woman going solo.

I do think that eleven days seems a bit tight of a schedule for this trip, especially if you want to do some exploring in the areas that you are going to stop in.

The cheapest thing I can think of doing on any trip, is to just take a walk and absorb your surroundings.