1. Default Summer 2 week road trip

I'm in Indiana and want to head west, for about a 2 week vacation.Would like to hit Yellowstone and a few other states that are close and have good sites.Would like to spend a day or 2 in the nicer locations.Do you have a recommened travel route for this area.Nice easy park destinations with cheap but safe hotel lodging.I know some parks fill up early so I'm starting now.

Tucson, AZ

Default Days or Two Here and There

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

You could get to Yellowstone in as little as three days from Indianapolis, so 4-5 days out, 4-5 days in the Yellowstone area, and 4-5 days back would make a very relaxing trip. You've got a choice of two basic routes, I-80 which follows the old Oregon Trail and I-90 which will take you through a great stretch of South Dakota. Besides Yellowstone, some parks you should look into along these routes include Rocky Mountain National Park, Grand Teton National Park, the Little Bighorn Battlefield National Monument, Badlands National Park, and Devils Tower National Monument. There are plenty of motels in a range of prices within easy driving distance of all of these.

Default Additional question

Not to jump on Wallin's bandwagon, but I am also in Indiana and we are thinking about a similar trip, 12-14 days total, but were wondering if it is realistic to go up through Minnesota, across Canada, down through Glacier National Park, then head back via the northern route, Badlands, Mt Rushmore. Is this enough time for us? Any better ideas? Just my wife and I, kids are all too old to enjoy traveling with Mom & Dad. (Why can't we just fly and spend more time on the beach, for example) Thanks in advance.