HELLO EVERYONE,

THIS IS MY FIRST POSTING. MYSELF AND MY GIRLFRIEND ARE SETTING OFF FOR ARGENTINA IN JANUARY THUS STARTING OUR WORLD TOUR. BY JULY WE HOPE TO BE ARRIVING AT A FRIENDS IN MIAMI AND THEN COMMENCING A LARGE, PERHAPS OVERZEALOUS BUT INCREDIBLY EXCITING RAOD TRIP. WE HAVE A TENTITIVE PLAN. WE HOPE TO TRAVEL UP THE COAST TO PERHAPS SAVANNAH, ACROSS TO ARKANSANS (MEMPHIS) THEN JOIN ROUTE 66 AND MAKE OUR WAY TO VEGAS. FROM HERE WE WILL HEAD UP THE 93 INTO THE ROCKIES, YELLOWSTONE, AND IF WEATHER PERMITS UP INTO CANADA (JASPER) FINALLY WE WILL HEAD ACROSS TO THE PACIFIC COAST AND TRAVEL DOWN TO LOS ANGELES BEFORE FLYING TO HAWAII !!!!!!!!PHEW!

ALSO WE PLAN TO BUY OUR OWN RV IN WHICH TO DO THIS ROADTRIP. WE HAVE UPTO SIX MONTHS IN WHICH TO DO THE TRIP.

WE ARE AT THE VERY EARLY STAGES OF PLANNING AND I IMAGINE THERE ARE ALL SORTS OF PROBLEMS YET TO BE TACKLED.

BROADLY SPEAKING IS THIS TRIP PLAUSIBLE STARTING IN JULY, AND DOES ANYONE RECOMMEND BUYING AN RV. WE WILL HAVE UPTO AROUND $50,000 TO SPEND ON ONE BUT THIS DEPENDS PURELY ON ITS LIKELY DEPRECIATION. EARLY INVESTIGATING SUGGESTS THAT THIS WILL BE CHEAPER THEN RENTING OR GOING BY CAR AND PAYING FOR HOTELS. IM ABOUT TO START LOOKING INTO INSURANCE ETC.

SORRY FOR SUCH A BROAD OVERVIEW BUT IVE RAD LOTS OF HELPFUL POSTS AND IM HOPING SOME OF THE MORE EXPERIENCED MEMBERS CAN HELP US JUMP THE MORE OBVIOUS HURDLES.

THANKS FOR ANY POINTERS YOU MIGHT HAVE

Gary