Thread: sept 08 trip

Default sept 08 trip

Hi everyone
    I am new on here and found this site by chance when looking at something else.

4 of us have booked a 30ft RV for 3 wks in sept 08, we will land in LA (from the UK)on the 6th and head towards Malibu,Solvang, then across country to Lone pine, Death Valley and on to Vegas for the 13th where our friends are renewing their wedding vows.We will then have a few days around vegas, lake mead and hoover dam before heading for Kingman, Williams and the Grand Canyon then on to Cameron and up to Monument Valley.
    We will then return to Williams and make our way back to LA along the route 66 taking in Oatman on the way. Ha Ha I have hours on the web looking at all the different places we will be visiting.

Do you think we are being abit greedy trying to get all this in 3wks?

regards
    Gemsmumx

I look forward to reading the other posts on here

Default If Only...

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

If only everybody who wanted to see this region could devote three weeks to it. Some want to try to "see it all" in just a few days! Just to get you started on what's available to see and do on your journey, have a look at these discussions, and these possibilities for things to see besides the Grand Canyon in northern Arizona. You're in for a great trip, and we think that you'll end up as glad as we are that you stumbled upon us.

AZBuck

Thank you so much for your reply AZBuck I will have a look at those 2 sites for ideas. we are really looking forward to the trip and being back in America. We were there in 1994 and can remember every bit of that holiday like it was last week.

Gemsmumx

Default Some more articles and resources for you

Quote Originally Posted by gemsmum View Post
    4 of us have booked a 30ft RV for 3 wks
    Those links above are on this RTA site. Here are some more resources for you:
    Read this and print it out and take it with you when you pick-up the RV.
    You might find this new book helpful as well!
    Some information about camping and boondocking (free camping)
    A discussion about visiting monuments versus national parks.

There are road signs near Hoover Dam that would lead you to believe that RV's are prohibited -- not true -- but you will be searched. The tour is great and the view of the new bridge being built it awesome.
    We will then return to Williams and make our way back to LA along the route 66 taking in Oatman on the way.
    Here is an article about this route and Oatman.

Mark

Thank you Mark for your reply and links they are very interesting. We did the tour of hoover dam last time we were there and found it very interesting.

I believe the sitegreaves pass is no good for RVs so we will have to go via Topock or round via Bullhead city from Kingman.

When we were there in 1994 we didn't have the internet and couldn't do any research on the routes, but now it is great when you can look up all the information you need to plan a trip.

Thanks
    Gemsmumx

Default Not that tough a road

Quote Originally Posted by gemsmum View Post
    I believe the Sitgreaves Pass is no good for RVs
    It is the historic route for US-66 and while it is no longer as designated truck route -- it is a pretty easy drive. You will see other RVs up there -- parking can be a bit tight in Oatman, but I think you can still plan on doing it. I have done it several times in a 32-foot long RV.

Mark