1. Default Driving from NYC to Seattle at end of December

Hello,
    I'm thinking of driving from NYC to Seattle at end of December to take a new job position there. In the past I only have experience of about 8 hours long distance driving from north to south. I'm thinking of driving I80, I90, I94, I90 but not sure if driving in December from east cost to west cost is ever feasible. Any advice is welcome! Thank you in advance!

2. Default i'm taking half of the same drive

i'm moving from nashville to seattle in the last weekend of november/first of december.

i don't know exactly which route i'm taking because i'm waiting to see how the weather shapes up on the various routes.

there's a lot of good information on the thread i started - and i'll be updating that thread on my drive and once the trip is completed - so i'll be happy to pass along any tidbits of wisdom i might garner along the way.

on an unrelated note, i used to live in Brooklyn (bensonhurt) most my life :D
    Last edited by Mark Sedenquist; 11-16-2007 at 10:38 AM. Reason: added a link to the other thread

Default Thousands of drivers do it every day

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny_h View Post
    I'm thinking of driving I80, I90, I94, I90 but not sure if driving in December from east coast to west coast is ever feasible
    Welcome to the Great American RoadTrip Forum! The thing to remember is that thousands of drivers will be on the road, covering that exact same route when you are. December is one of the drier months during the winter season and so the incidence of snow and other inclement weather is reduced. Here are some tips for winter driving.
    Here is another post from a tripper who is doing a similar drive with a toddler....

Mark

Default every day

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

Of course the trip is feasable, its done by hundreds every day, even in the winter.

Winter driving does require some patience, often some extra time, and a little knowledge of winter driving safety

Relax, and have a good time!