Default spring break road trip '08

Hey there,
    so me and three of my friends want to take a road trip starting in NYC and going either north around the VT, ME area, or the MA area, or the PA area.
    We only have one week in March, and we're really just looking for fun things to do as we are all 18. Stuff like the Ben and Jerry's Factory in VT, any advice as to which way to go and what to do?
    Once we settle on a specific direction I can figure out more of where we can stay and such.
    Let me know,
    thanks
    Stacey

Default Tip the Balance Northward

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

Having travelled extensively around both Northern New England and Pennsylvania, I would say that my first response to your query is to choose either destination - you can hardly go wrong with either. but after some thought about what I'd do in similar circumstances, I'd definitely head for New England. Some of my favorite haunts there can be found by reading through the threads linked to from this post. Given your stated tastes, a few of the other places I'd suggest you see would include Clark's Trading Post in New Hampshire, the "floating" bridge in the town of Brookfield, VT, and the street scene in Portland, Maine. It's still going to be quite chilly in that region in March, so come prepared. for more random suggestions for things to do in those three states, be sure to read through the relevant entries in the States A to Z Challenge.

AZBuck