1. Default Warrenton Va to Statelie NV in 2days and 1hour

My buddy and i are moving out to Tahoe on Oct 29th and was wondering what fun places there are to stop on the way, and which way would be the best to go....... we are also trying to make it in 3 1/2days so these would have to be quick stops haha

Default No Joke: No Time

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

You are going to be trying to drive 2600 miles in 3½ days. That's about 800 miles a day or at least 200 more each day than is sane. You will barely have time to stop for gas and restrooms. You will not have any time for sightseeing, and should not even consider thinking about it. In order to keep as safe as possible on this drive, you and your friend need to read these Speed Run Tips, stick to I-70/I-76/I-80 with no detours, and put all thoughts of 'fun' out of your minds. What you are setting out to do is serious, hard work.

AZBuck

Default Looks like...

...the most efficient route is through Louisville, KY; Kansas City, MO; Lincoln, NE; Salt Lake City, UT; and Reno, NV.

You'll add two or three hours by going across I-70 from Kansas City, to Denver, to Grand Junction, to Salt Lake City, but you'll add quite a bit to your scenic pleasure.

If you can find an extra day, then maybe you can stop to see a sight or two, but mostly it will be drive, drive, drive.

Craig Sheumaker
    co-author of the travel guide: America's Living History-The Early Years

4. Default Warrenton Va to Stateline NV Help

Hey my friend and i are moving to Stateline and would like some help for the trip out. Were leaving Oct 29th and due to snow and that stuff are thinking about taking 40 across...... anyone have any ideas? and what is the fastest way to get up to Stateline off of 40?... through Vegas?.... Thanks!

Default Where in Nevada?

Quote Originally Posted by wishin4aswell View Post
    Hey my friend and i are moving to Stateline
    This thread started with a destination to Lake Tahoe -- now you are referring to Stateline (there is no such official place in Nevada). Were you referring to Primm, NV which is sometimes called "stateline"? There IS a community at the Nevada & California border on the edge of Lake Tahoe that is called Stateline -- is this where you are going?
    Were leaving Oct 29th and due to snow and that stuff are thinking about taking 40 across...... anyone have any ideas?
    I-40 is not snow-free -- I would still suggest that you go the most direct route -- I-80. It makes no sense to add those extra couple hundred miles on your route.

Mark

6. Default Warrenton Va to Statelie NV in 2days and 1hour

Yep so we made it, and to everyone that said it would be hard.... actually it really wasnt, we had a fridge and dvd player and just kept going. We took a 15ft box truck towing a dual axel trailer with a tacoma on it. We stopped many times to sit and eat and just to walk around, so to anyone that said it was crazy or we couldnt do it or nething like that, thanks for the concern but we did it.

Default Two days -- 2670 miles?

Quote Originally Posted by wishin4aswell View Post
    Yep so we made it
    Glad you made it safely -- I hope you never have to repeat such a feat again.

Mark