My wife and I are going to the US towards th end of the month. As part of the trip, I want to drive from San FRan to Las Vegas. My intenirary is as follows:
Day 1 - Leave San Fran mid morning and drive to Carmel - arrive mid-afternoon. spend day at spa relaxing
Day 2 - Leave Carmel after lunch and drive to Bakersfield, arriving in the evening - have dinner and bed (not much to do hre by the sound sof it)
Day 3 - Leave after breakfast and drive to Vegas.
Now my questions are:
1. My wife will be 5 months pregnant - is this too much time in a car for her (She wont be driving)
2. Will there be any snow on the roads - my plan is to stick to the Interstate 5 and 15 - really do not want to be driving in adverse weather
3. Will the route be quite flat or lots of elevations (again thinking of wife and possible car sickness here).
4. Is there a better route - I only choose Carmel because it is supposed to be nice there and there is a nice spa I have found to spend the night. However, ideally I would like to travel a little further on Day 1 (and less on days 2 and 3) but cant find anywhere else nice to stop along the way.
5. Any other tips/advice/rcommentaion would be appreciated.