1. Default Driving Going-To-The-Sun Road in Glacier NP in 30 foot Class C??

Am planning to go to Glacier National Park in July 2008 as part of a cross country trip. Was considering driving the epic Going-To-The-Sun Road in Glacier NP in 30 foot Class C. Anyone driven this road in an RV? Also is Fish Creek (west) or St. Mary's (east) the better RV campground in Glacier NP (I will have 2 kids with me)? Anyone taken the Red Bus tour through the park - is it worth it?

Thanks

Default That won't work

Quote Originally Posted by nocvan2 View Post
    Was considering driving the epic Going-To-The-Sun Road in Glacier NP in 30 foot Class C.
    I can't find the correct NPS page, but I am pretty sure the road is closed to all RV's --- plus, just about the entire route was closed in 2007 due to construction work --- it should be open in 2008. The Red Bus Tour is pretty cool -- good docents and fun to be able to look straight up. I prefer St. Mary's campground -- but both are fine. Here is a field report from 2005

Mark

The size limit is 8' wide, including mirrors, and 21' long so most RVs are out. If you don't have a toad, take one of the "Red Bus" tours. I believe they also started a standard bus run across the road this summer. Depending on the number it may be less expensive to rent a car for the trip through the part. In any case, be sure to take the road both directions. The views are different, and fantastic both directions! My favorite National Park, and one of my favorite roads.