Default 3 Week Summer Trip

Okay so I know this is kinda early, but I just can't stop thinking about it!
    So here's the deal, me and my best friend, maybe 2 of my best friends want to do at least a 3 week road trip, in the summer of 2010, before our senior year of college. We have nowhere in particular that we want to go.
    We will be starting in Florida, we were thinking of driving to California, cause we have family there and well because it would be cool and he can't fly there due to, well lets just say he can't.
    Anyway I was just hoping someone could help me with any kinda cool things we could start looking into, fun stuff that we should know about, good websites, and just the general 411.
    Like I said, we won't be doing it for a couple years, but it's never too early to start planning. So anything anyone could contribute would be super helpful.

Keithville, LA

Default General Stuff

Start thinking about your interests. Also, just pull out a map and start plotting a cool looking route. With three weeks you have plenty of time to explore. We suggest about 5 days to cross the country comfortably, that leaves you with an extra 5 days to do what ever you want with. Start searching the forums for threads on states you will be passing through and here is a good website with lots of cool and random roadside attractions.