1. Default HW 395 with an RV

hi all

HW395 is the best place in California in my opinion, i usually just drive there but never tried RV. i hope to do that this November, any tips?
    we will be traveling with 3 little kids so no extreme hiking and exciting activities allowed

Cheers

Default Us-395?

Quote Originally Posted by erezavraham View Post
    HW395 is the best place in California in my opinion, i usually just drive there but never tried RV. i hope to do that this November, any tips?
    US-Highway 395 is a gorgeous road. How long a trip are you planning? Welcome to the Great American RoadTrip Forum!
    we will be traveling with 3 little kids so no extreme hiking and exciting activities allowed
    Here are some tips for planning a family road trip. What sections of US-395 are you planning on traveling to? (Start and End)?

Mark

3. Default mono lake

Hi

i plan on arriving from Yosemite via 120 and then stay around lee vining and cover the area around. june lake, mammoth lake etc

we plan on 3 days. ii never drove in an RV so im a little nervous driving through tioga pass with a 5 person RV, maybe its a better idea to drive with my SUV and rent an RV there?
    not sure there is a place that rent them on 395

Thanks

Default Keep your feet of the brakes!

Quote Originally Posted by erezavraham View Post
    i plan on arriving from Yosemite via 120 and then stay around lee vining and cover the area around. june lake, mammoth lake etc
    You should be OK -- Tioga Pass is still open and will probably be for the rest of the month. When driving in mountainous areas -- keep this rule in mind -- never exceed the speed downhill (or the highest gear) that you used on the way up. On the downhill portions -- put the RV in low gear, turn on your flashers and enjoy the view. Do not use the brakes -- except to gradually slow the vehicle down. Here are some more general mountain driving tips.
    we plan on 3 days. ii never drove in an RV so im a little nervous driving through tioga pass with a 5 person RV, maybe its a better idea to drive with my SUV and rent an RV there?
    not sure there is a place that rent them on 395
    I don't know of an RV rental places anywhere on US-395. You will be fine. Bodie is also a fun possibility for you. Read this field report for ideas about Tioga Pass, Mono Lake and Bodie!

Mark

5. Default RV parks

Thanks all for the info

i called some of the campgrounds (june lake, big bend and more) in the mono lake area but they are all closed. the only one that is open in Mamouth RV park but then are as expensive as a motel (60$ a night)

anyone used them or knows of an open campground with RV hookups?
    the dates are november 19-21
    thanks