Thread: Moab, Utah

Default Moab, Utah

Just returned from a long camping weekend in Utah. We logged the trip via cell phone. Reception was really spotty at times, but nothing that driving 10 minutes wouldn't fix.

Thanks
    Willy
    Last edited by AZBuck; 10-29-2007 at 08:20 AM. Reason: Preferred link format / Link to planning added

Default Awesome Trip Report

as usual. I was very interested to see Highway 50. I haven't made it there yet, but the more I hear about it makes me want to find a way to get there one day.

Laura

Default Hit Hwy 50 as night fell

Quote Originally Posted by lhuff View Post
    I was very interested to see Highway 50.
    I was really looking forward to the Highway 50 drive. Unfortunately night fell as we were driving through it. We did see some spectacular scenery, but missed a big chunk of it. In the near future we're hoping for a day trip through the highway.

I do love this style of updates from the road. They really do make you feel like you're there.

Did you enjoy your 3 mile walk to Delicate Arch? We went out and saw the sunset there... it was very cool :)

Quote Originally Posted by UKCraig View Post
    I do love this style of updates from the road. They really do make you feel like you're there.
    hmmm ... If I could only make money off this format I can pay for my trips...hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by UKCraig View Post
    Did you enjoy your 3 mile walk to Delicate Arch? We went out and saw the sunset there... it was very cool :)
    Delicate Arch was very very cool. The only problem I had, aside from the Bataan Death March to get to the arch, was the last 200 yards or so. The final stretch is through a 7-10' wide trail. On one side a cliff wall rising 50' or so. On the other side, a 75' drop and certain death below. I don't do well with heights :)

The hike was beautiful though. The slickrock was spectacular, it reminded me ocean waves undulating through the desert. This is definitely a trip we will take again.

Yeah, the last little bit was quite exciting! You did better than my initial approach, however. I lost the trail and somehow discovered a potential 'short cut' which would have involved scrambling along a 45 degree slope with a massive massive drop off to the right :o I was starting to wonder how the hell the large group of people I could see in the distance had made it across alive!