1. Default Is it crazy from Tx to New York for New Year's Eve???

I want to know New York, and I'll love to be there for the New Year's countdown !! Is too crazy do the trip from Texas in winter's weather? Do you have any ideas of 2 or 3 places in the way that I HAVE TO SEE them?
    P.S. yes, is even crazier with a toddler and a baby, but they're mine and I just can't quit to be a Mom,..... and those are my free days. Is it impossible?

As you can see I've never been in New York, and being that the most important thing, (you know, just be there) I for sure could skip Times Square that day,...and about the route, first I had to tell about myself, I'm a Photographer, so the more important thing is to see great landscapes, and of course with kids and Christmas time, any good town with beautiful decorations will be a plus, but really I'm open to any ideas, (I'm flexible about the route because we just start planning, first with the google directions, then with any info we can colect),.... thank you very much for you help! = )
    Last edited by Mark Sedenquist; 10-12-2007 at 07:16 PM. Reason: navigation repair

Green County, Wisconsin

Default if not impossible, probably not smart

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

If you're thinking of taking a baby and an infant with you to time square for New Years Eve, then I would say that part of your idea is crazy, to say the least. I'm not even sure that children are allowed, and even if they were, I certainly wouldn't want to even try to deal with a baby and a toddler in that mass of humanity.

As far as driving from Texas to NYC, you could certainly make the trip in December, thousands of people drive those roads every day, you just need to plan to be delayed if bad weather strikes.

There's really not much that I can offer in terms of what you'd have to see along the way, as I have no idea what route you plan to take, nor do I have any idea what sorts of things you would be interested in seeing or doing.

Keithville, LA

Default How Long are We Talking?

A lot depends on how long you have to make this trip. The children will make it a much longer trip than if you went alone.

I'm with Michael, though about New Years Eve and small children. It's not a good idea. I work at a concert arena and it scares me to watch the people coming in with small children to inappropriate events. We can not watch all the children all the time. It is not our job. And with a crowd that large I don't see how you would be able to watch them properly. I can't tell you the number of times I've had to return children to their parents and that was in a crowd of only about 7,000. I can't even imagine how many people show up to Times Square.