Thread: Renting a car

1. Default Renting a car

Hello,

I know there are many topic that already cover this but i was wondering if anyone on here has rented a car from Adventures on wheels? As I am thinking about hiring one from them but am a little concerned that they only have about 4 offices across the US and that there is the $500 excess fee if something happens to the car.

I am wanting a car for 60 days - the difference between Adventures on wheels and the lowest national rental is about $800 and I thinking that it may be worth paying the extra amount incase something happens to the car.

So any advice anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Kelly

Default Maybe you will be the first...

Quote Originally Posted by kellysm_81 View Post
    I was wondering if anyone on here has rented a car from Adventures on wheels?
    This has been discussed a number of times here, but I am not aware of anyone who has rented from them and returned here to tell us about it. Maybe you will be the first to share this intel with us?

Mark

I indeed have decided to rent from them, as they are cheaper than regular car rental companies, and they don't have under-age fees and additional driver fees. The only thing is that they don't have unlimited mileage (but $.25 per mile above a certain pre-agreed mileage).

So I'll pick up the car this Saturday, and then I'll let you know how it went! I have to say that so far they have been really cooperative regarding payment (as its quite a large sum to be taken from your credit card at once..) and quick in replying emails.

Regarding Nieuwenoord: their fist blog-post of today seems to be quite positive about AoW: they've been called that they'll be picked up tomorrow morning early to get to their car.
    I'll try to find some time to keep you updated the upcoming days!

[Editor's Note: I made a copy of Brave's post and moved it here -- since this is a frequent query about this company!]
    Last edited by Mark Sedenquist; 10-02-2007 at 05:47 PM. Reason: navigation clarity

Default Certainly appreciate the updated info

Quote Originally Posted by Brave View Post
    Regarding Nieuwenoord: their fist blog-post of today seems to be quite positive about AoW: they've been called that they'll be picked up tomorrow morning early to get to their car.
    Excellent -- Thanks for keeping us in the loop

there is the $500 excess fee if something happens to the car.
    the difference between Adventures on wheels and the lowest national rental is about $800
    So, worst case, they'll still be $300 cheaper? I think you did the right thing going with them!