1. Default Arizona Itinerary with Grand Canyon North Rim

I will be taking a week-long road trip with my husband and two-year-old son in early October. We have reserved a space at the North Rim campground on nights 2 and 3 and are thinking of spending nights 6 and 7 at Pine Flat campground or another camp in the Oak Creek Canyon area near Sedona.

We are looking for suggestions (near Flagstaff? Cameron?) for night 1 since the North Rim is too far to drive. And we are looking for a suggested itinerary for nights 4 & 5 that might include anything you think first timers to Arizona, Grand Canyon and RVing ought not miss. Because of the toddler, we were hoping not to spend more than 5 hours driving per day and the destination needs some level, wheel-chair- (and thus stroller-) friendly means of seeing the sites. The Navajo National monument seems like a good possibility: we are interested in Anasazi culture and ruins.

We are really looking forward to this and appreciate hearing about your experiences and suggestions!

Tucson, AZ

Default Easy Access in Northern Arizona

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

Here are some of my favorite places in the Flagstaff area. Of these, I think your son would like the Museum of Northern Arizona, not so much for the museum - which you'll enjoy - as for the grounds around it where he can run a bit in a wooded setting. Tuzigoot, if I remember correctly, has a paved walkway through the Sinagua culture ruins, so stroller friendly. Walnut Canyon is a larger and more interesting site, but you'd need to be carrying your son in a backpack-type carrier up and down an awful lot of steps. Another possibility is Montezuma Castle National Monument which has a couple of short, paved trails.