Default toronto to tampa

I am about to embark on my first drive from Toronto to Tampa and would like to know what is the fastest route. I-75 has been recommended, but someone also suggested crossing at Erie and travelling through PN, V, WV, NC, etc. What is best? Thanks.

Tucson, AZ

Default Relatively Easy Choice

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

The shortest, (almost) all-Interstate, (fastest) route from Toronto to Tampa is to cross the border on ON-405 and then take I-190/I-90 to Erie, PA. From there head south on I-79 into West Virginia. At exit 57 take a shortcut via US-19 south to pick up I-77 at Beckley. At Columbia, SC, take I-26 east to I-95. Finally, from Jacksonville, head west on I-10, then south on US-301 and I-75 into Tampa. This way is 1345 miles long and minimizes the time spent in urban (congested) environments. If you were to head east to pick up I75, say by crossing the border at Sarnia, your total mileage climbs to 1430 and you have to deal with Detroit, Dayton, Cincinnati, Knoxville, Chattanooga, and Atlanta.

Default toronto to tampa

Thanks for the advice.

4. Default Just a note

The entire route along US-301 between Jacksonville and Gainesville is one of the most notorious speed traps in the Southeast.

I agree with AZBuck as well on the route. I-75 is an absolute mess along several stretches between Atlanta and Detroit -- avoid at all costs.