1. Default Traveling East Coast with Friends

A group of my friends and I, we're all 22, are wanting to go on a road trip to the east coast for spring break (from indiana) and I'm just wondering what are the best places to visit while we're out there for a younger crowd looking to have fun--things to do and see. This includes anything above Virginia. Thanks!

Default It changes a little every year

Quote Originally Posted by heath1285 View Post
    A group of my friends and I, we're all 22, are wanting to go on a road trip to the east coast for spring break
    Welcome to the Great American RoadTrip Forum! What stays the same is the anticipation of getting some place warm with lots of women & a few young men, some sun and some good partying. This usually means Florida or south Texas -- here are some more tips about how to save money on this yearly migration.

Mark

Default Chilly

The weather is still quite cool at that time of year in the states North of Virginia.
    I would second Mark's statement about Florida or Texas - you certainly wouldn't want to be on the beach in Maine in March!

4. Default

Yes we are very aware of this. We're not going for beach purposes obviously. Any suggestions?

Default Cities

Since you're not looking for the beach - I would recommend the larger cities, such as Boston and/or New York City.

What kind of things are you interested in? Some people are just looking to get out and party, and others want a different experience.

6. Default

I'd like to see a lot of quaint, historical towns/cities..harbors..etc. Night life would be fun too-- I doubt there would be any vineyards open but if there are those too.

Default Within Reach

If you have a week or two, then I'd recommend a combination of the Finger Lakes region of New York and the coast of Maine. From Indianapolis, somewhere in western New York, such as Jamestown, Olean, or even Niagara Falls is reachable in a day's drive, and any of those would set you up well to then start a leisurely drive through New York that might include Letchworth State Park, Watkins Glen State Park, the Erie Canal, and plenty of wineries. Working your way eastward, a trip along the Mohawk Trail through Massachusetts will bring you to Boston and within a short hop of the Maine coast. All along this route you'll be passing through or near college towns (Rochester, Ithaca, Amherst, and Boston just to name a few) that will provide plenty of night life.

AZBuck

Quote Originally Posted by heath1285 View Post
    I'd like to see a lot of quaint, historical towns/cities..harbors..etc. Night life would be fun too-- I doubt there would be any vineyards open but if there are those too.
    DEFINITELY come to NYC for the nightlife.