1. Default Toronto Day Trip

Hey guys,

Planning a day trip on Saturday, Sept. 15th to visit Toronto with the g/f. We live about 3 hours away (according to mapquest, in Rochester, NY). She wants to go for a bit of shopping, and I was wondering what other activities might be fun in the area. We're both in our 20s (I'm 23, she's 27) and open to any ideas.

Thanks in advance :)

Tucson, AZ

Default Some Ideas

Well, if your girlfriend wants to go shopping in Toronto, then I'm sure what she has in mind is Yonge Street, but there is a lot more to do there than just shop. While this thread is a bit old, it does discuss a trip to Toronto at some length. My wife and I, finding ourselves in Toronto with an unexpected few days with nothing to do, had no trouble amusing ourselves. As I recall, what we did mainly was wander through the various neighborhoods and spend about a half day at the Zoo. Another possibility on the way between Rochester and Toronto is to spend some time at the northern end of the Niagara River in either Youngstown, NY or Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON.

Last edited by AZBuck; 09-10-2007 at 11:24 AM.

3. Default

I've been there a lot of times and there are some alright parks there. The hockey hall of fame is there. CN tower....Eaton Centre I think is a really large mall. There are just way too many things to do. For a day trip, you may want to consider some of these things.