By September 11th (!!) I have planned the following route:
Las Vegas-Death Valley-Lone Pine
Next day we'll leave early to Seqouia NP
I don't know exactly how to make the most of our limited time to visit D.Valley. My idea is the following:
- Leave Las Vegas at 8 a.m. and drive to Shoshone, so we can enter D.Valley from the South, instead of going to D.V. Junction (about 2,5h)
- Shoshone-Badwater: about 2h
- Badwater - Devil's Golf Course - Artist Drive - Furnace Creek (southern area of the park)
- Furnace Creek - Dante's View - Zabriskie Point - Furnace Creek (eastern area of the park)
- Then from Furnace Creek go North to the sand-dunes, see the sunset ther (about 18:45?) ant then follow to Lone Pine, where we would sleep
Do you think it's doable? I think the key would be arriving to the sand-dunes in time to see the sunset...
Does anybody know how long it takes to drive the 21km (bad) road to Dante's View? It's a round-trip way, so I think it might take a lot of time...
Regards and thanks a lot!!!