1. Default bc - las vegas - california/oregon coast!

Hi All... I'm new to this site and wanted to get some suggestions for a road trip I'm taking in late september.

So far the plan is to leave bc canada on September 21st and drive to Las Vegas, hopefully getting there on the 23rd. Stay in Vegas til the 27th and then drive to Laguna Beach or Newport beach spend one night there, then drive up to LA and spend the weekend in the LA area, doing the Santa Monica Pier, Hollywood walk of fame, Graums.... Any other must see places in this area?

From Sunday on we'll be driving the California Coast home.... What I really wanted were must-see stops/spots along the coast. I've heard about Big Sur, Santa Cruz, of course San Francisco and the many redwood forest parks along the way. Anything else anyone would suggest would be greatly appreciate! Thanks :)

Tucson, AZ

Default Other than the Big Three

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

In order to get from Vancouver to Las Vegas in three days, you only have to cover about 475 miles a day. That leaves a fair amount of time to stop at a few sites along the way. Likewise, the rest of your itinerary allows a nice, relaxed pace (depending on how much time you have for the drive home from San Francisco). So, besides the spots you've mentioned, you might want to look at Hearst Castle in San Simeon, the Seventeen Mile Drive in Carmel, the Aquarium in Monterey. Also be sure to read through some of Judy's posts on the Pacific Northwest.