Default Central NY to So.Carolina

Any advise on best route from central ny ( syracuse ) to Myrtle Beach. Would like to camp a couple or more nights twice on the way possibly Pa and maybe Va but not sure what campgrounds. We have a 30 foot 5th wheel and would also like campgrounds with free Wi Fi if that is possible.
    Any suggestions on where to camp for a month or more in Myrtle Beach

Tucson, AZ

Default Skip the Cities - Surf the Net

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

The route advice is easy. Most mapping software will tell you to come down the Northeast Extension of the Pennsylvania Turnpike (I-476) from Scranton to the Philadelphia area, and then take I-95 south from there. But I don't think that's your best choice. It will leave you trying to navigate your rig through Philadelphia, Wilmington, Baltimore and Washington, none of which will be fun. Instead, I'd recommend that you stay on I-81 at Scranton, and take it all the way down through Harrisburg and into Virginia. Then after Winchester, VA, I-66 east and US-17 south will tie you back in to I-95 having missed all that the urban congestion, all for a mere 20 miles of extra driving.

That would make for two overnight stops near Harrisburg, PA and Emporia, VA assuming you wanted equal amounts of driving each day. You could probably make this trip in two days, but the pace is up to you. There is a KOA near Gettysburg that has free WiFi, and a Jellystone with modem hookup in the TV lounge near Emporia, and I'm sure that you can just as easily find other such campsites both on the road and around Myrtle Beach. Otherwise, unless I personally know of a really great place, I tend not to recommend accommodations, especially for a month's stay, because everyone's tastes and budgets are just enough different to make that an exercise fraught with peril.