1. Default Planning a trip from Chicago, where should I go??

Hi all, I want to take a 4 day trip from Chicago. Anyone have any ideas? Would like to drive approx 8-10 hours. Thanks!!

Tucson, AZ

Default One of an Infinite Number of Options

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

Driving 10 hours from Chicago could get you anywhere in Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, Illinois or Iowa; or even most of Missouri or southeastern Minnesota. What I would do with four days is head for the UP of Michigan, say Pictured Rocks and then come home down the east side of Lake Michigan, by way of Mackinac and Sleeping Bear Dunes. But that's only one idea. What is it, exactly - or even vaguely, that you want to do on your trip?

3. Default trip from chicago

Thanks for the response AZBUCK! The trip through Michigan sounds pretty good. This is going to be a trip for me and my boyfriend, we were thinking of either doing some nature sight seeing and staying in mostly bed and breakfast type places, or cabins.

We were thinking about driving down to Memphis and looking at Graceland and checking out some sights along the way. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks again,

Tucson, AZ

Default Your Other Option

I still think that a leisurely circumnavigation of lake Michigan makes the most sense given your stated goals of spending time with your boyfriend, doing some nature sight seeing, and staying in Bed & Breakfasts. But for the sake of completeness, your other option, going to Memphis, is also just within your 10 hour range. In this case, you might be best served by driving directly to Memphis using I-57/I-55 on day 1, seeing Graceland, Beale St., Mud Island, and the other Memphis attractions on day 2, and then spending two days coming back up the Great River Road, alternating between Missouri and Illinois. One of my favorite towns along that stretch is Ste. Genevieve which also has a great ferry crossing of the Mississippi.