1. Default Vegas to Yosemite

Hi there,

I'm very new to the site and even newer to the US - my wife and I will be coming over in September for the first time. I've looked at many posts on different sites to try and find the best/most scenic/fastest route from Vegas to Yosemite but I'm still confused! Given that we need to do it in one day (but want some scenery!) I think I've narrowed it down to two routes, both starting by going north up the 95. First route is to Tonapah and then west onto the 6 and 120 and then Tioga pass. The other involves going west earlier at the 266, 168 and then north on the 395 and finally west on the 120. Although we are looking for a reasonably quick route, for the sake of an hour we'd take the scenic option. Can you help?

Thanks so much,

Richard Rust.

Default All routes to Yosemite are scenic

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Rust View Post
    I've looked at many posts on different sites to try and find the best/most scenic/fastest route from Vegas to Yosemite but I'm still confused!
    I turns out that you can not choose a non-scenic route from Las Vegas to Yosemite. Welcome to the Great American RoadTrip Forum! The fastest route remains I-15 to CA-58 to CA-99 and then up to Yosemite. Both of the routes you suggested are fine. But the one I would suggest is the second one you listed -- it is the same route as the one described in this field report and this one.

Mark

3. Default

We plan to take the same route, except it would be from Yosemite to Vegas...would you suggest the same route, which is scenic as well as possible to cover in a day...ie from CA99 to CA58 and then to I-15??

Also could you suggest places to stop over?? For lunch and otherwise (places to see).
    Last edited by Midwest Michael; 08-27-2007 at 06:51 AM. Reason: Continuation