1. Default 5 day Road Trip- Vancouver BC to Portland

Hello All Travel Enthusiasts:

I need your advise on how to best plan a 5-day road trip from Vancouver to Portland. Myself and my wife, both love the scenic drive, beaches and city attractions. We plan to have a break (1 night stay) in between Vancouver and Portland..Not sure where to and what to do. Next day we will be heading for Portland. I "have to" (wife insists )include Woodburn Shopping Outlet.
    We plan to start our travel on Tuesday @ 7 AM (to avoid rush at the border).

I would appreciate if the Travel gurus can help me...God Bless.

Tucson, AZ

Default Round Trip

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

There's no reason to take the same road down and back, make it a 'round' trip by experiencing different things each way. Now you could easily make this drive in a single day using I-5, and I will suggest that you do just that for your return journey, when the car will be packed with stuff from the outlet mall. But for a scenic and relaxing drive down over two days, why not avoid the Seattle-Tacoma area all together and take the ferry over to Vancouver Island, take a stroll through Butchart Gardens, have an old-fashioned high tea in Victoria, and take another ferry over to Port Angeles, WA. Spend that night in Port Angeles and then the next day you'd be in good shape to take a leisurely drive around the Olympic Peninsula and along the Pacific coast on US-101, have lunch in Ocean Shores or Aberdeen, and visit Astoria at the mouth of the Columbia River before following that river up to Portland in the evening.